The following is a compilation of resources provided by the KJA. The inclusion of information or documents on this page is intended to serve to educate and is not intended to serve as legal advice from KACDL or endorsement of positions taken.
A Colony In A Nation by Chris Hayes
How to be an AntiRacist by Ibram X. Kendi
Children’s board book coming out by Ibram X. Kendi
The Children by David Halberstam
Devil in the Grove by Gilbert King about Thurgood Marshall.
Brene Brown with Ibram X. Kendi
Brene Brown with Austin Channing Brown
Law Review http://www.californialawreview.org/print/what-to-do-about-batson/
Anti racism resources bit.ly/ANTIRACISMRESOURCES
Web search "implicit assumptions test" you will find a variety of bias awareness raising tests to assist yourself in examining biases.
John Rowe Chapter (Lexington) still holds judicial panels.
Spalding University has a center for racial trauma where individuals experiencing racial trauma can seek support.
• Mapping Police Violence
• Who gets to be afraid in America? by Dr. Ibram X. Kendi | Atlantic (May 12, 2020)
• Malcolm and Martin by James Baldwin | Esquire (April 1, 1972)
• Letter from Birmingham Jail by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
• The 1619 Project (all articles) | NYT
• When is the last time you saw a white person killed online?
• White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy Mcintosh
• 13th (Netflix)
• Time: The Kalief Browder Story (Netflix)
• Just Mercy
• When They See Us (Netflix)
• I am Not Your Negro (James Baldwin documentary)
• Black Feminism & the Movement For Black Lives (Youtube Video)
• How Studying Privilege Systems Can Strengthen Compassion (TEDTalk)
• Dr. Riana Anderson on African-American’s Mental Health During COVID-19 and George Floyd (Video)